What is the Dynamic Learning Project?
Great news! Our school was selected as one of 100 across the U.S. to be part of the Dynamic Learning Project!
The Dynamic Learning Project (DLP) provides personalized support to help teachers use technology in their classroom in transformative ways. Supported by Google and leading education organization Digital Promise, the DLP is the first-of-its-kind program to help prepare teachers and students for an increasingly digital world.
Over the course of this year, our teachers will work with our coaching fellow who will help them identify projects on how to best use tech in the classroom. With hands-on support, our teachers will be able to come up with innovative ways to better support our students.
How does DLP benefit students?
- Exposure to innovative teaching methods. When teachers have access to one-on-one training, they have more support to design tech-based learning experiences for their students.
- Increased academic achievement and engagement. According to the Stanford Graduate School of Education, technology can be a powerful tool to improve student learning when implemented properly.
- Preparation for skills of the future. Our DLP coach will help ensure that our students will be prepared for college and career readiness through learning skills like computational thinking, digital literacy and virtual collaboration.
- Access to education technology experts. As a part of this program, our school will receive extensive training from Google and other education leaders on how to best incorporate technology in classrooms.
How can parents get involved?
- Spread the word! Share news of the Dynamic Learning Project with fellow parents and guardians.
- Check out this article from on the DLP from national publication, EdSurge.
- Ask your child about the technology they’re using in school. We invite you to periodically check in with your child on the new techniques and tools they are using to learning.
- Reach out to your child’s teacher to learn about the tech-based resources they may be using in the classroom.
- Stay tuned for more learning opportunities, including strategies for using technology with your child at home and resources for you, too!
To learn more about the Dynamic Learning Project, please visit this website: https://edu.google.com/dynamic-learning-project/