Overview of Courses
Earth and Space (6th Grade) , Life (7th), and Physical (8th) are all designed to enable students to ultimately be successful in other high school coursework, including AP if the Pre-AP option is selected. These courses are infused with NMSI, Laying the Foundation(LTF) curricula, assessments, and "hands-on activites.
Requirement of Courses
- Pens / Pencils
- Small or Thin Three-ring binder that includes graph and regular loose-leaf paper
Must have a minimum of 60% on all course work to pass the course.
Grading Policy will be based on a three-category measuring percentage system:
- Gold Measures (60%) - This includes major test, projects, and reprents mastery of standards.
- Silver Measures (30%) - This includes quizzes, checkpoints, small projects and represents growth toward mastery of standards.
- Bronze Measures (10%) - This includes homework, daily grades, minor projects, programs and represents practice of skills.
- Be on Time and Prepared
- Respect Self and Others
- The "Do Right" Rule is always in effect
- Simple Disciplinary Action
- Parent Contact
- Referral to Office