- 3 A-Day of Dairy - http://www.3aday.org
Tips on improving kids' nutrition and fitness and recipes, using 3 servings of dairy products a day.
- All About What vitamins and Minerals Do - http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/vitamin.html
Explains how substances like vitamins A,B,C,D,E,K, calcium, and iron work in the human body.
- American Dietetic Association - http://www.eatright.org/Public/
American Dietetic Association containing nutrition facts and list of resources.
- Dole 5 A Day - http://www.dole5aday.com/
Free nutritional education materials, fun games, puzzles, songs and coloring book about fruits and vegetables.
- FDA Center For Food Safety and Nutrition - http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ByAudience/ForKids/default.htm
Healthy eating and food safety coloring pages, games, activities, songs and quizzes for kids.
- Figuring out Food Labels - http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/labels.html
Explains how the label on a food package is a lot like the table of contents in a book, telling exactly what the food contains.
- Food and Nutritional Information Center - http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/
Food and nutrition topics from A to Z and resources.
- Fresh for Kids - http://www.fandvforme.com.au
Facts about fruits and vegetables, recipes, nutritional information, and kids' pages.
- Healthy Choice for Kids - http://www.healthychoices.org
Overall health program for kids.
- Healthy Kids Challenge - http://www.healthykidschallenge.com
Healthy change ideas for schools, families and communities, recipes and games.
- Mix it with Milk - http://www.whymilk.com/
Explains the nutritional value of milk, with the milk mustache hall of fame celebrities, contests and cooking with milk.
- National Dairy Council - http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org
Nutritional and product information, resources and recipes.
- Nutrition Explorations - http://www.NutritionExplorations.org
Meal planning, recipes, nutrition information, games.
- Powerful Bones, Powerful Girls - http://www.girlshealth.gov/nutrition/bonehealth/index.html
Fun, games, quizzes, ideas, and tips on what foods have calcium and what activities are good for bones and the body.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation - http://www.5aday.org
Nutrition education initiative to promote eating a colorful variety of fruits and vegetables you needs every day, games, and recipes.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation - http://www.pbhfoundation.org
Offers latest health news about fruits and vegetables, kids' activities.
- School Nutrition Association - http://www.pbhfoundation.org
National School Nutrition Association site providing news and publications, meetings, events and recipes.
- Sunkist Kids - http://www.sunkist.com/kids
Features coloring page, crossword puzzle, games and fun facts about citrus fruits.
- Alabama Department of Education - https://www.alsde.edu/
Support materials for teachers and parents.
- Alabama School Nutrition Association - www.alabamasna.org/
State School Nutrition Association site providing news and publications, meetings, events and recipes.
- The Alliance for a Healthier Generation - https://www.healthiergeneration.org/
The Alliance site provides ideas and goals for a healthier school environment.
- Guide Pyramid - http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/pyramid.html
Explains how the pyramid is used to show the foods that make up a good diet.
- USDA Food & Nutrition Service - http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/
Nutrition education, healthy eating and physical activities.
- USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory - http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
Gives you all the nutrient data of foods in the different food groups.
- Why Drinking Water Is the Way to Go - http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/water.html
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.